The Old Man and the Sea
by Ernest Hemingway
What [is this book about] An old Cuban fisherman who goes out to sea and after many days of bad luck finally makes an incredible catch.
Why [did I chose to read it] In my search for classics, I selected this one.
When [did I start and finish it] January 26- January 26 (told you I am a fast reader :) This is a small book, though!
Where [did I get it] I found it on our bookshelf, it belongs to Andy. I love how vintage this copy is and how it even smells old. Despite the fact that someone penciled in their thoughts....
Who [should read this book] Isn't the nature of a classic that everyone should read it? This is a book that I could see myself reading aloud with school age children.
How [will my life change as a result] I'm definitely inspired to read more classics, I guess there is a reason why they are so popular!
[Final word] Great book! Couldn't put it down -as evidenced by the speed of my reading! I loved the story and couldn't wait to see what happened!
*My goal in 2011 is to read 50 books. Pretty ambitions, I know. But I love to read and I am excited to take on the challenge. Probably the biggest reason it is a challenge is because I plan to read intentionally. What does that mean?
Well for me, reading more intentionally means three things:
1. less fiction. I can read a good fiction book in a couple of days!
2. more non-fiction and books I can learn from.
3. keeping this blog as my digital diary.
So here we go! Let's see how many I can do and what I can learn and share with you!
P.S. Would LOVE any suggestions you have for books to read this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment