
Eat Clean Diet Recharged
by Tosca Reno
This is the book I have been looking for for a long time! It is absolutely not a diet, but a lifestyle. I have long believed that I would not achieve my goal weight with a diet and I knew that even if I did, I would probably not stay at my goal weight, due to the fact that diets really mess with your body. That knowledge has kind of left me floundering...not ever really making healthy decisions and not really knowing where to go from where I was- mostly because I didn't have a plan... I asked a friend on Facebook who owns two fitness studios what diet she recommends and this book was her response.
The plan makes so much sense. I have posted the basics below for those of you who are curious, but honestly, if you are struggling with your weight like I am and just really want to do it right, I believe this is it. I love the concept of eating foods in their natural states and saying goodbye to fake foods (or anti-foods and Tosca calls them). Check out the basic principles below and let me know if you decide to buy this book. I'd love to talk about it!
P.S. I found the cookbook at Costco tonight and bought that, too!
Eat Clean Principles
1. Eat 5 or 6 small meals every day.
2. Eat every 2 or 3 hours.
3. Combine lean protein and complex carbs at every meal.
4. Drink at least 2 litres, or 8 cups, of water each day.
5. Never miss a meal, especially breakfast.
6. Carry a cooler loaded with Eat-Clean foods to get through the day.
7. Avoid all over-processed, refined foods, especially white flour and sugar.
8. Avoid saturated and trans fats.
9. Avoid sugar-loaded colas and juices.
10. Consume adequate healthy fats (Essential Fatty Acids) each day.
11. Avoid alcohol – another form of sugar.
12. Avoid all calorie-dense foods that contain little or no nutritional value.
13. Depend on fresh fruits and vegetables for fibre, vitamins and enzymes.
14. Stick to proper portion sizes – give up the super-sizing!
No comments:
Post a Comment