Thursday, September 1, 2011

Craft it up!

You probably know this, but I love crafts.  All kinds of crafts: sewing, paper crafts, photography crafts, you name it- I probably love it.  And again since this blog for me is more like a journal that I am willing to share with the public, I am capturing my interests here! Please disregard if you don't care about my interests or crafts. :)

Moving on...Firstly, I would like to offer you a tour of my craft studio.  I love this space and I am so, so, so happy to have it.  I haven't had my own craft studio in 8 years or more and I can't tell you how settled it makes me feel to have one.  When we moved into this house, Andy said we'd find a place for me and we quickly did.  It evolves daily with new projects, better ways to organize and happier decor.  I spend about 5-10 hours a week down here (or as much time as I can)!

Without further ado:
Craft table was in the house when we moved in.  It was in another room and Andy quickly noticed it should be my craft table; it fits the space perfectly!

Although my studio is in the basement, it has plenty of natural and artificial light available!  I feel like it looks messy in this picture, but I promise if you ask me where any one single item is, I know exactly where it is! 


This shelf unit was a gift from our sweet friends who were moving cross country.  It holds all of my craft supplies perfectly! 

Found that "sewing machine repairing" sign at a garage sale for like a buck.  I love repurposing things and this craft space is a testament to that!  Many of my supplies have been reinvented or recycled (ever think of using the styrofoam trays meat come in for paint trays for a small project?).  

Just as a bonus, since this is my first craft blog post- check out what I made this weekend.  In like an hour.  And I promise I am a beginner sewer- so if I can do it, so can you!
Why should anyone with a camera (let alone someone who charges for her work) have a boring old camera strap?


I'll be posting things I create and good ideas I find on here.  I will be very happy to have you steal them, since most of my ideas and projects are from someone or somewhere else.  If I use a pattern to make something I'll link to that so you can make it, too!  However, I don't think I will be creating tutorials unless it is something I truly invent myself.  Here are the instructions I used for the camera strap which cost me zero dollars and zero cents to create since I had most everything on hand.

What have you created lately?

No comments: