We arrived Thursday night and on Friday morning, we took the bus from Glenwood Springs to Aspen, CO and rode our bikes the 40 some miles back to Glenwood.
| We're pretty serious about biking. |
I was told all along that the ride was "all downhill" and was looking forward to an easy ride. When we got off the bus, some ladies led us to the trail and one of them said, "oh yeah its all downhill, but I mean you pedal the whole way." There goes an easy ride. It actually wasn't hard and not being in tip top shape, we did it no problem (read: I only complained about 15 of the 40 miles). The ride is downhill in the sense that it is not uphill. Maybe that is what bikers use to determine if a ride is downhill or uphill....I don't know.
On Saturday, we bought passes to the Hot Springs and spent the morning and evening there. We took the gondola to the top of the hill and walked around enjoying the view.
And on Sunday, we got some Starbucks and drove home. Our Wilson spent the weekend at his favorite vacation spot: "Al & Donna's" (if you live in COS, this is absolutely where you need to send your dog when you leave town- ask me for the number!). He told us that on his vacation he ran and ran and barked and barked with his friends. Now he is so tired.
Here he is now- recovering:
It was a great weekend and I am immensely grateful for a wonderful husband to share that time with!
What did you do this summer?

No comments:
Post a Comment