Wednesday, October 19, 2011

APPROVED TO ADOPT!



This is actually not as exciting as the post title indicates, but it is pretty exciting and for us, it is another hurdle cleared!  We got our I-171H approval from USCIS. You may remember that we went to get fingerprinted a couple of weeks ago and yesterday, we got the all clear!

The letter says, "NOTICE OF FAVORABLE DETERMINATION CONCERNING APPLICATION FOR ADVANCE PROCESSING OF ORPHAN PETITION" and what it means is we can move forward with our adoption of two yet to be known children from the Congo.  Of course, there will be more paperwork and when we officially know who our kids are we'll go through this again.  But, this is super encouraging because we were told 8-12 weeks for this form and we got it in 6.  Lord, may the rest of the process be like this!

In other news, I'm posting a link to a blog I read yesterday.  The reason is this: this part of the adoption process is pretty exciting and we can't wait until we see the babies faces and we can't wait until we go to pick them up and on and on, BUT, I want you to know that I know, there is a pretty serious reality here. That reality is parenting two children who come from who knows what kind of circumstances.  That reality is our family going from the two of us and Wilson to four of us and Wilson, two of us who have no idea what is going on and two of us who just landed in a new country with new people who say they are our parents. That reality is called "After the Airport" and it's serious.  And really I want you to know this because while we so appreciate your support now, we are going to need it for a long time to come.

So, if you are in this with us will you take a minute to read this?  And will you remember that while this whole process may seem like a courageous, wonderful, biblical... (fill in the blank with your cool word) undertaking, it is nothing compared to what our adventure will be when we bring the babes home....and we are going to need you more than ever!

No comments: