We took some time off over Christmas and decided to have our own little stay-cation- Baldwin style. [Meaning, we worked on house projects and loved it!]
Two days before Christmas our bathroom looked like this and we had company coming the next day:
For one of the first times in our marriage [in a situation like this-not
ever in our marriage], I honestly wasn't worried, stressed or concerned. I knew it would get done because- well, I am married to Andy Baldwin. Of
course it will get done. I'm sorry it took me five years to realize this, but better late than never.
Anyway, here is that old fashioned bathroom before we updated it.
 |
| Two things to note: pink walls and a faux wood toilet seat |
 |
I HATED the glass doors on the shower. Hated them!
I couldn't bathe the dog or clean the shower without injuring myself on the doors. |
 |
| Ugly. |
 |
| My question to you is: would you rather have a faux wood toilet seat or pink walls in your bathroom the rest of your life. You chose. |
 |
Gold door handle which is still on the list of things to change up along with a backsplash and finishing touches of something to hang on the wall |
Now here is the bathroom AFTER (almost everything came from Ikea and we did the whole project for less than $500.
 |
| In all my painting days, I have never painted a room white. Until last week. I probably won't do it again, but it is pretty appropriate in this bathroom. |
 |
| You know I love baskets, right? |
 |
| The drawers on this vanity are great! They have the feature where the drawers finish closing themselves- I'm sure that has a name... |
 |
| We'll put a cool backsplash between the sink and the mirror. |
 |
| Don't you love that zit mirror? $4.99 at Ikea. |
 |
| I bought this shower curtain at a little boutique in Rochester and I have never regretted it. I built the whole bathroom around this shower curtain! |
What do you think? Do you love it as much as I do? Time will tell how the Ikea stuff holds up and if it starts to look cheap or doesn't maintain well, we won't buy big pieces from there again. In the meantime- woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment