Will you please join us in praying these things:
1. The birth mom and our attorney go back to the embassy tomorrow as requested (it is Christmas eve and I'm confused as to why they were told to go back on a holiday)
2. The consular is there and prepared to interview them
3. His questions are answered appropriately
4. The embassy prepares to issue a visa for our children
5. I can get ahold of the embassy tomorrow at 9 AM and get an update
This is a crazy time to be trying to complete our adoption. The holidays just kind of mess everything up. But, it's OK. On Friday we had to decide either to let our airline tickets (that were on hold for us to leave on January 8) to expire or to purchase them. I prayed and stressed all day. Mostly stressed and called everyone I know to try and get someone to tell me definitively what the 'right' answer was. Of course, no one was stupid enough to tell frantic me what they thought I should do. So, in the end, my mom and I prayed for peace and 7 minutes before the decision had to be made, I knew the right thing to do was to let the tickets expire. (Andy was part of this decision-making process, but honestly, he didn't care either way and in typical Andy fashion he knew whatever I decided would be the right answer. He was fine either way. Plus when it really came to decision time and I was especially stressed, I couldn't get ahold of him at work. When I did get ahold of him, he was totally fine that I let the tickets expire.)
As only God can do, I quickly felt peace. I also felt like it was all a gift to us to....rest. Relax. Spend a weekend not worrying about what was going to happen and when. I do hope we get an update tomorrow, but I don't have all of my hope in that. I trust that I will be able to get ahold of the embassy soon and get an update and that in the next week we will know when we are leaving. Until then...rest. Until then...celebrate this time. Until then...know, with full assurance, that He who began a good work is faithful and will complete what he began.
This is it. This is our last anniversary (we celebrated 6 years yesterday!) together without having to think about what we will do with our kids, this is our last Christmas Eve without kids begging to open 'Just one present! Please!', this is our last Christmas morning to wake up to a quiet house. This is it. And I am going to let God help me enjoy it for all it's worth, because come sometime in early January- it's all going to change!
| Sixth Anniversary. We have celebrated 4 out of 6 times at the same Hyatt in downtown Denver. |
No comments:
Post a Comment