Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sometimes...

Sometimes* when parenting and my new life as a parent are all too much to bear, I adjust the mirror in the car so I can't see the kids, turn up the music (97.3 KBCO) real loud and pretend I'm all alone. When I go to change lanes and have to check my blind spot, I'm always surprised to see a child sitting there.

I feel like this:

Even though I am aware I probably look like this (or would if I was paying attention to the children in the backseat):


*'Sometimes' is a new series of posts where I confess my true feelings.
This series will allow you to:
a) judge me harshly
b) identify closely with my failings (and maybe still judge me so as to not judge yourself)
c) feel insanely sorry for me
d) call a higher authority (the police, an ambulance, a psychiatrist)

2 comments:

kari said...

Ha! No judgment here! I regularly lock myself in our bedroom just for some peace and quiet...i tell the kids i'm putting myself in timeout and they're not allowed to cry right outside the door.

I just keep checking in to see when your 2013 book list will change from 1 to 2! ;)

Chris said...

Celina,
I am sure you will never have a problem yelling at your children. You learned from the most patient and saintly mother.