I haven't written about it here because I didn't want anyone to judge my parenting skills, but Eloise has had a lot of trouble with sleeping. She wakes up every couple of hours crying out, she can't seem to sleep alone or fall asleep without me in the room, she generally either comes to our room in the middle of the night or I end up in her room assuring her that I am there. Endless is this list of sleeping trouble. We've wanted to give grace because really Eloise is just two months old to us. She may be 3 (or so), but she has been with our family only two months and I don't know what kind of issues she's dealing with in the night. It seems like that is when she does her grieving. Or fear comes in. I don't know, but we realized no matter how much trouble it is to us, we have had to take on her sleeping issues like we would an infant who can't sleep through the night- basically, you can't expect them to and when they do, you celebrate like nothing better has ever been done in the world.
Anyway, I don't want to forget to document the milestones in this journey of raising these two great kids. Today's milestone is that Eloise slept in her own bed for the entire night last night! She didn't wake up and cry out, she didn't get up and come to our room...nothing. Just slept!
When Andy got up I said, 'there's no Eloise in here'. He couldn't believe it. Then this morning I had the pleasure of waking her up and celebrating with her how amazing it was that she slept the whole night in her own bed. She talked about it a couple of times today, so I know she got that it was a big deal. Here's to tonight?
Way to go, girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment