We had a busy and fun day!
We did the normal 'day in the life' breakfast, kids play outside, lunch, nap. All the while Pop was busy making our cinnamon rolls for tomorrow.
After nap we headed to a church to see "The
| The Wonders of His Love |
The kids enjoyed it all and only wiggled around a bit during the service. Eloise loved holding a candle and at one point looked over at me with wax on her face and said, "when it drips, it burns you. It's hot." In my quest for this lovely picture we almost lost her extensions to a fiery blaze. Remind me next time we are at a candle light service with my children, that the most important thing is their safety.
In the car on the way home, I asked the kids whether they liked the book or the play better and Vaughn said, "I liked the book better because it had more details." I swear he did NOT hear these words from me, but I love his choice of words!
We came home to our new Christmas eve tradition- Congolese dinner! (I thought of this one on my own!). It was seriously some good food! I just found some recipes online and did the best I could. At one point today while I was cooking beans Vaughn said, "Smells like Congo, Mom!" I loved that! We reminded the kids that the reason we were doing this is to remember their life in Congo and celebrate their heritage. We talked about how last year they were in the orphanage on this day and we didn't even know when we would go get them. Vaughn said of the adoption experience, "It was like, 'Pop. Pop.' all of a sudden we're family!" When he said it I kind of chuckled at how he viewed and verbalized it, but reading it now makes me teary. Oh! What God has done for us! His kindness is mind-blowing. I'm not talking about what He did for our kids- that's lovely, but that's theirs to celebrate (and on some days mourn)- but what He did for Andy and I! "Pop! Pop! Pop! Family!" What a messy delight!
After dinner we each opened a gift and had dessert. My gift was a pair of onsie PJ's. My mom took a picture and although I did not grant her permission, my guess is if you are on Facebook you'll be delighted to see that picture sometime soon, but I can't promise you'll see it on this blog....
Anyway, we are looking forward to Christmas day. The kids have decided- even though I explicitly ruined Santa for them - that he does indeed exist and they are both wide-eyed right now waiting to hear the reindeer on the roof. We left a present for each of them under the tree unwrapped that is from Santa and when they wake up there will be a wrapped book on everyone's bed that they are allowed to open as soon as they wake up. This is also a gift from Santa, but I got the idea from an advice column I dorkily read in the newspaper called Ask Amy.
Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of you! Can't wait to post pictures of the madness tomorrow....
1 comment:
Ummm....day 25?
Post a Comment