Monday, December 9, 2013

25 Days of Christmas- Day 8: Rudolph & some other free Christmas shows from 1952

The Christmas activity of day 8 was brought to you by Strep Throat; keeping kids down since the beginning of time. 

For the second time in as many months, Vaughn has strep. Poor kid. I really know when he is sick because, well- he acts sick and not at all like himself. So to the urgent care Andy went.

We kept a pretty low key day with Andy and I doing our part on the Christmas cards (should be out by the end of the week!) and letting the kids watch some free Christmas shows on Netflix. Honestly, the Rudolph show was awful. But since my kids get such minimal TV it was a blast for them. Vaughn, however, being sick or realizing the shows lameness decided he needed to go back to bed in the middle of it. Eloise stuck it out and because of that, so did I. Horrible cartoons with orphanages, characters in blackface and a super lame version of Rudolph. Glad Vaughn is on the mend. Hopefully today we can do something better.

I wish this was the version of Rudolph we had watched!
I love this movie- or rather I love my memories of watching this movie....


No comments: