Days 5 & 6 were pretty lame, but I feel the need to record the happenings for the benefit of all future generations.
On day 5, we read this little book called "The Christmas Story" that somehow appeared in our Christmas decoration box. It was just a short story and mostly about the animals in the manger, but as per usual, the kids loved it.
Day 6 was jam-packed with other activities and so on our way to the movies (first ever with our kids!) we looked at Christmas lights. I asked the kids if this could be our Christmas activity and they said, "sure!" and so it was.
I love that with the right delivery, just about everything is exciting for these two kids. I mean, I told them all about Santa Clause and that he doesn't exist but that some kids think he does and that they shouldn't tell other kids he isn't real. Then, feeling bad about ruining the "magic of Christmas" (as if the King of the whole world being born in a manger isn't magic enough?!) I asked if they still wanted a present from Santa, even though he isn't real and the present would really be from us and they jumped for joy. I love my kids.
Here's to the magic of childhood- with or without Santa.

No comments:
Post a Comment