Here's the skinny (literally and figuratively):
I lost (drum roll....) 16 SIXTEEN pounds!! Isn't that amazing!??
My mom lost 10 and Andy lost 20!!! Can you imagine that 30 days ago our household weighed almost 50 pounds more than it does today? We lost a bunch of inches, too! (Also, Jon did the Whole 30, too, but he was a little bit stealth about it and since he isn't here full time, I don't have his results yet, but he's been losing tons of weight anyway).
Anyway, I promised I would share our before and after pics, so here they are. (It is important to note that I have been on a religious fast for styling my hair for the last
Check this out!
![]() | |
| What?? Who pumped my face full of air?? And no, I don't have a tan- it's the lighting |
![]() |
| And my stomach, who pumped my stomach full of air?? |
![]() |
| Momma! Ten pounds lighter! |
What I learned during the Whole 30:
- Don't ever, ever try anything tough without support and people who will run the race beside you!
- Salt and pepper are amazing spices and they can make anything delicious.
- Homemade mayo will change your life!
- Cooking is still fun- even without butter.
- Cravings really do go away and so do headaches!!
- Dessert every night is not a human right and I am better off without it!
- Coffee and coconut milk are delicious- can't wait to add some vanilla to the mix!
- We will probably transition to a mostly Paleo diet with a few exceptions (read 90/10)
- I will continue to not have dairy, grains, caffeine and sugars --> again, with minor exceptions.
- Adding exercise! This is super hard, because I naturally hate (HATE) working out. So that's one reason. Also, I'm begging Andy to join a gym, but since I hate (HATE) working out, he thinks I won't go. I don't understand why? WHY is he so hard on me :) Anyway, I do have a bike and some legs and even the 30-Day Shred on DVD, so I probably should use those things first. It's just a gym is a little more exciting and there's people to stare at and maybe I can make some friends.
Do you want to try a Whole 30? It's tough and requires planning, but wow. It feels so good!




1 comment:
Celina Belina, (that will always be my endearing nick name for you), it is amazing what 16#s will do! Where did those cheeks go? Congrats on the weight loss and your persistence!
Post a Comment