Monday, February 14, 2011

2011 Book Reports: Book Seven: 50 Books in 2011

The School of Essential Ingredients
by Erica Bauermeister


What [is this book about] My first novel this year!  This is a book about a chef/restaurant owner who also runs a cooking class.  The book is about one class that changes each other. 

Why [did I chose to read it] First novel and I needed a quick read!

When [did I start and finish it] February 12-February 13

Where [did I get it] My best book sharing friend, Kristin Haddix (who borrowed it from Rachel- thanks Rachel)

Who [should read this book] Anyone who loves cooking!  I loved reading the inadvertent recipes and new ways of cooking things.  Who would have thought to heat up the milk before adding to mashed potatoes?!  Anyone who wants a fun fast read that looks into the lives of individuals.  

How [will my life change as a result] I have read a couple of books about food this year (or that had food as a main theme) and I think I realize that food is not the main thing.  What I mean is that food is just another avenue to enjoy people, to be creative, or to celebrate.  Its not about the food, its about the people you enjoy it with.  And how you enjoy it.  Instead of scarfing it down as though your life depended on it...

[Final word] Good, fast read.  

*My goal in 2011 is to read 50 books.  Pretty ambitions, I know. But I love to read and I am excited to take on the challenge.  Probably the biggest reason it is a challenge is because I plan to read intentionally.  What does that mean?
Well for me, reading more intentionally means three things:
1. less fiction.  I can read a good fiction book in a couple of days!
2. more non-fiction and books I can learn from. 
3. keeping this blog as my digital diary.
So here we go!  Let's see how many I can do and what I can learn and share with you!

P.S. Would LOVE any suggestions you have for books to read this year!

No comments: