Would it have been inappropriate for me to run (not walk) up to the woman at the Coscto food court who had a black child that was obviously not hers and ask her if he was adopted?
I managed to restrain myself, but I almost let my instinct careen me into her table for conversation.
What do you think? Can I do it next time? What is it about going through adoption that makes you want to talk to everyone who has gone through it already? Is this what it is like to be pregnant? You want to talk to everyone about pregnancy and babies and nursing and epidurals?
Praise! Someone called yesterday and said that they will be contributing towards our adoption! Yay God for providing even before we know what we need!
Prayer Request: We are getting ready to put our house back on the market, please pray that it sells quickly so we can complete our home study in our new home.
1 comment:
That's a tough one...Mark and I have had some pretty awkward experiences with assuming people's kids are adopted just because their skin color is different. People have been gracious with us, but we've taken the "it's best not to ask if your aren't SURE" route for the most part.
Post a Comment