Friday, March 18, 2011

2011 Book Reports: Book Ten: 50 Books in 2011

The Late Great Planet Earth
Hal Lindsey



What [is this book about] Based on biblical prophecy, this book is a thorough, but basic study of how Christ fulfilled prophecy with his first coming and how he will fulfill it when he comes again.

Why [did I chose to read it] Well, once again, I was fooled.  I thought this was a fiction end-of-the-world disaster novel.  

When [did I start and finish it] March 6-18 (I must be slowing down...)

Where [did I get it] Paperbackswap.com

Who [should read this book] I think anyone who wants to know about what the end times will look like.

How [will my life change as a result] Geesh... 

[Final word] The second coming of Christ is imminent.  This book was first published in the 60's and so  many signs of the end were present even then.  I guess God isn't in a hurry.  But we better know Him, because if we don't, we sure aren't going to recognize him when He comes back and He might not recognize us.  

*My goal in 2011 is to read 50 books.  Pretty ambitions, I know. But I love to read and I am excited to take on the challenge.  Probably the biggest reason it is a challenge is because I plan to read intentionally.  What does that mean?
Well for me, reading more intentionally means three things:
1. less fiction.  I can read a good fiction book in a couple of days!
2. more non-fiction and books I can learn from. 
3. keeping this blog as my digital diary.
So here we go!  Let's see how many I can do and what I can learn and share with you!

P.S. Would LOVE any suggestions you have for books to read this year!

No comments: