Wait? Isn't it, "ask and you shall recieve"? Why is it that we haven't even asked yet and we are already receiving!?
What an incredible week of God's favor on this adoption.
This week we have received- unsolicited- over $1000 towards our adoption. I am sooo amazed; I wish Jesus was here, I would just jump in His arms and hug Him so tight!
There are three incredible truths that this unmerited and unsolicited favor speaks to me:
Truth #1. God cannot wait for these kids to have a loving home- our loving home! He is so excited to set the lonely in families. He loves adoption and this whole thing (big picture of adoption and little picture of our adoption) was His idea!
Truth #2. The church realizes (and is waking up to) the importance of adoption- those who cannot or have not yet or will not- still believe in the miracle that is adoption and are stepping up to support the families that are adopting at this time. (I see that in the Moss/Wooden adoption banquet success, too. Over $6000 raised for two families in a small community!)
Truth #3. (this may be my favorite truth to celebrate today) We are loved and supported by our friends and family.
Sometimes, because of my natural disposition I see a blessing like this and I wonder, "is something bad coming? is that why good things are happening?" First, let me stop and ask us all- what the heck is wrong with me? Anyone know? OK then we'll call that a work in progress.
No matter what, let me say this: if and when something happens to disrupt, interrupt, or delay this adoption, please remind me that in advance of that disruption, God showed us his favor. Remind me that God showed us- before we even needed to know!- that He was in this and He was providing! Amen.
Thanks for celebrating with us today! We feel so honored, humbled and blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment