Blood River
by
Tim Butcher
Finally finished the third non-fiction book about the Congo sent to me by Betsy. This was a great, great read and for sure one I will save for my children. A riveting story of one mans journey to retrace explorer Henry Morton Stanley's route across the Congo on the Congo river. Laced with history and the current state of affairs, this book is a complete look at the state of affairs both today and in colonial Congo.
If you want to learn more about Africa, colonialism, and the Congo, then this is a must read!
*My goal in 2011 is to read 50 books. Pretty ambitions, I know. But I love to read and I am excited to take on the challenge. Probably the biggest reason it is a challenge is because I plan to read intentionally. What does that mean?
Well for me, reading more intentionally means three things:
1. less fiction. I can read a good fiction book in a couple of days!
2. more non-fiction and books I can learn from.
3. keeping this blog as my digital diary.
So here we go! Let's see how many I can do and what I can learn and share with you!
P.S. Would LOVE any suggestions you have for books to read this year!
Well for me, reading more intentionally means three things:
1. less fiction. I can read a good fiction book in a couple of days!
2. more non-fiction and books I can learn from.
3. keeping this blog as my digital diary.
So here we go! Let's see how many I can do and what I can learn and share with you!
P.S. Would LOVE any suggestions you have for books to read this year!

No comments:
Post a Comment