Sunday, June 5, 2011

Book 19: Sunrise

Sunrise
by Karen Kingsbury

I heard Karen Kingsbury speak at an eWomen conference in Tupelo, Mississippi last fall and she was wonderful!  Inspiring, beautiful, real and joyful.  She is an adoptive parent herself and she is in touch with real issues.  I really enjoyed her as a speaker.  However, I did not enjoy reading this book nearly as much as I enjoyed hearing her speak.  I found it to be very fluffy and unrealistic fiction.  Which, for a couple of travel days, was OK.  I remember a while back I read her series on September 11 and that was great, but I won't be reading any more of this series.  If you know of any books of hers that are not like this one, let me know and I will gladly read more of her stuff.  As I said, I really like her, I just didn't appreciate this title.

No comments: