Sunday, June 26, 2011

Book 20: Between Sisters

Well...it's a toss up if I am going to make it to 50 books.  I'm less than 1/2 way there and the year is 1/2 over.  BUT- I think I can do it.  A week of vacation sometime this year will catch me right back up.  Speaking of that, we're headed to my favorite readers house for some visiting time next week and I suspect the Haddix's will accommodate some reading time and have some good books for loaning.  Looking forward to going to see some friends and celebrating our independence.

I slipped in this quick read to help me get ahead, but I am also in the middle of a non-fiction book that I took a 4 day break from to read this:



Between Sisters
Kristin Hannah

A good story of family, redemption and the amazing capacity of humans to change and grow.  Like most of the "candy" books I have read this year, there were some scenes and story lines that were not very realistic, but the book captured me emotionally.  For sure my eyes watered...or I cried.  No spoilers here, just know this is a great story and an easy quick read. I have another book of hers on my shelf that I will be reading sometime soon.  I like her style and I am glad I read this book.  Now back to my non-fiction-learning book.....


No comments: