Monday, July 18, 2011

the first thing we ever bought our kids


We're pretty sure we'll need to teach them about vowels at some point, but until then, we've got some basics covered.







I fell in love with these the second I saw them in an antique store.  They are pages from an old book that someone (more recently) cut out and framed.  I love the frames, the colors, and the letters.  The "C and D" page even has the staples from the book still in it.  A little guy got overzealous at some point and colored over the mouses cheese in purple crayon; I love the authenticity in that.

In my own overzealousness, I hung these up in our office.  To me it is a reminder of what is to come, what to pray about and what we have to look forward to.  I can't wait to have our little ones running around here trying to learn what a vowel is, coloring in their own best loved books, and changing our lives forever!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

love love LOVE this!!!