We are making this place ours one room at a time. And we love it.
It's funny, but in the last few weeks I think we have realized this is really what we love doing. When our home study social worked asked us what we like to do together, one of the main things we said was working on projects. We are at our best (usually) when we are working on something. This weekend was no exception! We decided to tackle a small and manageable room: the entryway.
Here is the entryway before:
 |
We hated the gold light! And the "no soliciting" sign.
Not that we want solicitors, but we're just not "no soliciting" kind of people. |
 |
I do like the functionality of the broom and shovel holders, but I'm thinking we can do something a little better about it.
|
 |
| Another awful gold light. |
 |
| More gold. |
 |
| Just trying out some paint colors....Andy was a little surprised about this: oops! |
 |
| We think they ran out of paint at some point because a bunch of rooms are light pink. Including the entryway. Nothing says "welcome to our home" like baby pink. |
 |
| I love this bicycle basket turned Wilson poop bag holder and we found the three-legged stool under the back porch. |
 |
| A few more colors....another surprise for Andy! |
 |
Gold....gold...gold.
|
And here is the after! We LOVE it!
 |
| I painted the doorbell yellow- a theme color in our house. I'm not sold on it, but it is pretty bright and cheery. Nothing says, "soliciting welcome here" like a yellow doorbell! |
 |
| Love this light! And increasingly love Lowes way better than Home Depot for their selection in this kind of stuff! |
 |
| Too yellow? I may paint it black.... |
 |
| We painted the walls gray and the trim and ceilings white. It looks so fresh! We hung a nice mirror and some Haitian artwork that Andy's sister gave us. |
 |
| Welcome! |
 |
| I LOVE this interior light! It totally goes with the house! You can see on the right we have three windows that go floor to ceiling- I may hang some fabric there someday if I find some I love. |
 |
| Painted the stool, which is on it's last leg, (haha, get it..?) yellow. |
 |
| The interior light |
 |
| Another view of the artwork and mirror. Did I hang it too high? I kind of think I did. |
 |
You can see we went with the red color. It looks amazing with the gray!
|
And for final consideration- Andy had to fix the door and he made me promise not to go out said door to look at the baby bunnies or otherwise. I had to put my hand on my heart and recite a promise to him. However, I don't think even that was good enough because here is what I saw when I came around the corner after reciting my promise:
No comments:
Post a Comment