Monday, September 12, 2011

Book 27: The Heavenly Man

The Heavenly Man 
by Brother Yun and Paul Hattaway

To say this book challenged my faith is an understatement!
Brother Yun is a Chinese pastor who has been beaten, imprisoned, and tortured for the sake of Christ in China.  He has experienced many miracles and has known the closeness of the Holy Spirit during his times of trial.  No matter what, he refused to deny God.
The challenge to me is this: would I be willing to suffer for Christ?  Am I, in all my western affluence, even close to understanding Christ-likeness?  Do I rejoice when I am "suffering"?
I pray that the truths in this book will stay in my spirit and that the small things of this world will fade to the background so that what matters in my life is Christ.
If you haven't read this book and have a strong stomach, I suggest you read it!

In regard to my 50 books in 2011: I was lamenting to Andy that I am about 10 books off of reaching my goal and he kindly reminded me that we haven't been on vacation yet (where I can devour as many books in as many days)!  I may not reach my goal of 50, but I still think I will get pretty close.  And even if I read 40- that's 39 more than most people will read in 2011!

No comments: