Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Book 29: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows


Funny name.  Wonderful book!

Do you ever read a book that you think about as if the characters were your friends?  That is how this book handled me.  I didn't want it to end.

I started it one night by reading the first chapter - I looked ahead a few pages and said to Andy, "I don't think I can read this book.  It's all letters."  But, like the committed reader I am, I kept on.  Besides that Anna had highly recommended it, so I had to give it more than a chapter.  I read it in 4 nights.  Loved the story, the characters, the setting...the list goes on.

Want a great read- then this is it!

Enjoy; you can thank Anna later.

No comments: