It's an I797-C, Notice of Action.
I'd like to take a moment to translate the government lingo into everyday language used by most of us:
"Andy. We got your check. We cashed it. Looks like you and your wife are planning to adopt. Great! Check the information on this form to ensure it is all correct and notify us if it isn't. In the meantime, we are going to do some background checking on you to find out if all you said in your application to adopt is true. After we complete that- we are going to send you a notice of the day and time when you will come to the USCIS office for official fingerprinting. If you have any questions about this go ahead and call this number: 1800blahblah. Don't worry- contacting a real human will be impossible. But feel free to try. Don't try to come to your biometrics (no everyday language translation available) appointment because this piece of paper isn't your notice of an appointment. BUT- it is important to note, we'll be sending you the date, time and location of your biometrics appointment of which you will have no option to reschedule even if you happen to be in Chicago for work."
Oh well- at least it is nice to receive something that looks important in the mail.
In other news:
- Please do pray that we are in town for the appointment they make without any input on our schedules. I am sure there is a way around this issue should someone be in Chicago for work, but I hope we don't have to use it!
- Please pray for patience. We really want to meet (i.e. see the faces of) our babies. We got an email asking if we were interested in a 6 & 2 year old sibling pair and we had to turn it down. I can explain why to you if you want, but the bottom line is this: I knew in my heart those weren't our kids. Our age limit as of right now (that we feel God gave us) is 5. We didn't look at their photos. The only photos I want to see are of our babies. Everyday is becoming a new day to trust the Lord. I just want to run out ahead of Him and say- "OK, we'll take whatever. Send ANY two kids!" But, that would be a disaster. So, we wait. And we hope....and we ask you to pray.
Lastly: have you RSVP'ed to our event?! Thanks to those of you that have! If you haven't: listen, I know RSVPing is super old school, but for the sake of my sanity: please do it anyway. We need to know if you will be there so I can start baking cupcakes or something.

No comments:
Post a Comment