The Magicians Nephew
C.S. Lewis
Lest you think I am cheating in my quest to read 50 books, I have never read The Chronicles of Narnia before. I don't really know why....anyway, I plan to read the series and if I can complete it in the next few weeks, I will be well on my way to 50 books by the end of the year! Time is passing quickly, but do you think I can make it?!
As a summary for anyone else who has never read these books, there are 7 in the series. Narnia is classic children's literature and according to Wikipedia, it is C.S. Lewis's best known work. However, the stories are allegorical and are certainly much more than just a 'childrens' books'.
I enjoyed The Magicians Nephew and am excited to read the rest; reading these books makes me excited to share literature with my kids. I know we will spend many nights reading these wonderful stories together.

1 comment:
You can do it, Celina! Narnia are SO great and quick reads. Enjoy. Check out The Hunger Games series - they're my 2011 'must-read' suggestion for everyone.
Post a Comment