Monday, November 21, 2011

Adoption fundraising update

I thought it would be good to share where we are in our fundraising efforts regarding our adoption.

Hand in Hand Matching Grant:  Sadly we will not be able to get the Hand in Hand matching grant.  Colorado law states that the Home Study cannot be released to any agency other than a government agency and Hand in Hand does not qualify.  While the law has good intentions, in this case its a bummer for us.  Honestly, I feel OK about it.  I know there are families needier than us and I trust that the grant will go to someone who could not adopt without the assistance.

Funds we currently have:  I remember in August when we were about to submit our dossier to One World Adoption we told our case worker, "when we get a referral, we probably won't have the $13,000 needed to accept it; will we be able to make any kind of payments?"  Of course she said yes, but that is not the point. Check out this screen shot of the balance in our "Adoption Checking Account"  


Yup. We're at almost $12,000, which means next month (based on what we save each month towards our adoption) we would be able to accept a referral.  Wow! Talk about something to be grateful for! The other day in the car, Andy and I just marveled at this.  It's incredible and now we are more ready than ever to get our match!

Funds we still need:  I don't honestly know how long this process will take.  It's looking more and more like it will be a few months before we get a match, which means we have a few months to save.  Which is great, but also, not great in terms of our wait to bring our babies home.

According to One World and Angel Dance, here are the upcoming fees (after the referral fee of $13,000 which we will have next month)

  • Orphan Care- $400 per month (this will be due from the time we accept a referral until the time we bring our kids home.  We expect this to be 9-12 months so $3600-4800 total)
  • Document Translation- $300
  • US documents-$830
  • Travel- $4000-$6000
  • Post Placement Adoption (from Angel Dance) $950
  • Readoption fee-$400
  • Miscellaneous- $1000
Total--> between $11,110- $14,280 still needed.  

Like I said, I don't know our timeframes here, so I don't know the exact dates we will need these amounts by.

We're still offering our services  if you need photography and handyman help- please let us know!  

In the meantime, praise the Lord for how much we have received from our generous friends and family and how much we have been able to save. We absolutely know the rest will come in exactly when it needs to! Please keep praying for us and with us.  

P.S. I'll post an actual adoption update soon- but there isn't much to update you on.  Maybe soon....

No comments: