Sunday, December 4, 2011

Book 35: Praying for Strangers

Praying for Strangers
River Jordan

I almost did not post a book report on this book because I may have just ordered 5 copies which I will be giving to some of you who may be on my Christmas list.  But nonetheless, some of you are NOT on my list (sorry!) and you need to know about this book.

Honestly, I have not been this impacted by a book in a long time.  My favorite reader suggested it and I read it in two days.  I love Kristin for so many reasons.  She reads way faster than I do and so she is always one step ahead with a great book suggestion.  I digress.

This book is amazing.  Wonderful. Maybe the best book I have read all year.

In summary, River Jordan sends off two sons to war at the end of 2008.  Consumed with her own concerns, a word drops into her spirit as a new years resolution, "Pray for a complete stranger everyday this year." This book is the story of her incredible journey in doing just that.  I cannot tell you how many times I have stopped since I read this book and saw a stranger in a new light.  How many times I have realized since I read this book that the people I pass by everyday have their own stories and in this life everyone you pass needs a kind word, a prayer from a stranger . This book is a true game-changer for me.  I loved it. Loved. It. 

If you think maybe one of the 5 copies I bought is for you, please don't rush out and buy this.  But if you are pretty sure one of the 5 copies I bought is NOT for you, please DO rush out and buy this.  IF, on the other hand, you are not sure if one of the 5 copies I bought is for you- wait until after Christmas and if you don't get a copy, rush out and buy one.

No comments: