Same Kind of Different as Me
Ron Hall & Denver Moore
This is another great non-fiction book. Another suggestion from a friend- which it seems all of my great books this year have been.
Ron Hall is an extremely wealthy art dealer in Texas. Denver Moore was raised in modern day slavery on a plantation in the south and he hops a train to Texas where he lives, homeless, on the streets of Fort Worth. This book is the true story of their relationship.
It could seem like this book might be cheesy. It's not. It's incredible. A beautiful story of how the wealthy imagine they will impact the poor and how the poor end up impacting the wealthy a million times more than what they could imagine.
For sure I would suggest you read this book. However, I will provide the disclosure that I did NOT get when this book was suggested- you may end up weeping through 5-8 chapters. I wish I had been forewarned, nonetheless, I sat on a plane crying my eyes out with no tissue in sight and the seatbelt sign illuminated so I could not get up to get one!
P.S. It's not looking good for getting to my goal of 50, but I will keep trying and I will do this again next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment