Saturday, December 17, 2011

Book 37: The Horse and His Boy

The Horse and His Boy
C.S. Lewis

I loved this book more than any of the other Chronicles of Narnia so far.  The lion's appearances are so wonderful! My favorite line is when Shasta asks the lion who has appeared beside him on a long journey "who are you?" and the response is, "'Myself', said the voice very deep and low so that the earth shook and again: 'Myself', loud and clear and gay: and then a third time, 'Myself', whispered so softly you could hardly hear it and yet it seemed to come from all around you as if the leaves rustled with it." I love that!  It seems just like something that God would say!

I'm hoping to finish the rest of the series by the end of the year--> getting me closer to my goal, but it isn't looking good for 50 books.  I'm truly OK with it, because I have in many ways accomplished my goal.  I have read proactively and with purpose and that is what learners do!

No comments: