Friday, November 18, 2011

Book 34: Inside of a Dog

Inside of a Dog
What dogs see, smell and know
by Alexandra Horowitz

I enjoyed this book.  I love psychology and I love dogs and this is a mix of both.  The author does her own research and combines it with the research of others in the field of canine behavior.  Reading this book made me appreciate how a dog might feel operating in a human world. 

She does not condone putting human thoughts and emotions on dogs, which of course, I don't agree with since my dog talks.  However, her take is much more scientific than mine.

It's an interesting read and one that made me love my dog more. 

P.S. I know you are waiting for a report on my trip to Uganda or our adoption, but I don't have words yet for either...I'll post more soon.


No comments: