Friday, February 24, 2012

A little house update

Remember how all of our closet doors look like this? This weekend another one bit the dust! 


This was what our pantry looked like for a few days while we worked on an oh-so-exciting project.

One of us came up with the great idea to chalk board paint the doors of our pantry.  And one of us did the work.  I am sure you are racking your brain trying to figure out who is who in this scenario.
But wonder no more! My idea+ Andy's hard work= chalkboard painted pantry doors!

We added a piece of sheet metal so we could have a magnetic area and let me tell you it looks great!

We did a few rearranging/redecorating things this weekend, too.
These were our hall lights.  Very high quality thick glass, but gold rimmed.



So goodbye 1950 and hello Ikea. Check out the new hall lights!  I love them, honestly though they took a few days to grow on me, but they are great!






For rearranges, it was nothing huge, just putting things where they belong and look better. This vintage map display used to be in a golf ball bucket (that I had no idea was a golf ball bucket until Paul told me) but I had this old box and now the maps live here.  They look so good!



We moved our first-ever-purchase for our children into the soon to be children's room.  I love how they sit in the entry way providing a view from the hallway.  Remember, this is currently a guest bedroom and we'd love to fill it with you!


Last, but not least, I bought this cool reproduction vintage map at an antique store.  I held onto it for a while because I knew it would be expensive to frame.  Guess what, in the bargain section at Ikea I found this frame for $9.99. It's 22x27! So we have now this lovely map framed hanging in our office.  


We love making this house a home and we haven't been able to do it overnight, but we really have been able to do it well and inexpensively.  What's your secret for inexpensive re-dos?

No comments: