Thursday, April 5, 2012

An update (on someone else's adoption....)

We may not have any news, but there are some folks who do and so today, I'm celebrating with them.

First of all, my sweet new friend Shellie Costain who I met through this process, is using the same agency as us and lives in Colorado Springs. I sell some crafty things at her shop in Palmer Lake (which I have posted about on here before). Anyway, Shellie and her husband and their three daughters just accepted a referral for TRIPLETS! Yes, I said TRIPLETS. These boys are 3 1/2 years old and could be home by the end of the year. Depending on when we get our referral, there is a small chance that we could travel together and a big chance that our kids will be in the orphanage at the same time. Wow!  If you want to check out their journey do it here.

Second of all, although I don't know this family personally, I wanted to share this video. This family is also using our agency and they have beautifully captured the journey of picking their daughter up from the Congo.  The video is 25 minutes long, but it is probably a pretty accurate picture of what we could experience (x2- Shellie will experience it x3). If you are so inclined, take some time to check out the story of the True family (posted with permission).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow6TAB6d6k8

Finally, if you don't give two hoots about either of these people and you only care about us and our adoption, that's OK- just keep praying.  That is all we need right now. Prayers and grace!

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much love and many prayers to you and Andy...

Proverbs 27:9
The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.