Thursday, April 19, 2012

What I will be doing from now on

Do you ever have a time when you get exactly the right message at exactly the right time? God is so faithful to me in that way!
I have really been struggling with "the Waiting". It's been more than a year of waiting for one thing or another with this adoption. Waiting to finish the home study, waiting to submit the dossier, waiting for a referral....
But really, it's been my whole life of waiting for something.  Waiting to drive, waiting to get to high school, waiting for college, waiting for marriage....and on and on. In that waiting, I do the thing that probably most of us do: I looonnnng for the next thing, straining to get there, and sticking my head out the window to see the next place. I spend hours imagining how much better things will be when and you know where all of this has gotten me? Exactly to the same place I would have gotten had I spent the time enjoying the journey.  I remember a quote from a book I read a long time ago, "most of life is just waiting and seeing." And it is. But how do I spend that wait? Complaining? Straining? Imagining? None of it lets me enjoy where I am at.
Yesterday a friend posted this sermon on his facebook page. I hardly ever watch what people post because everyone posts something and I only have 24 hours in a day, but the title intrigued me and so I watched. I was blessed beyond measure as God spoke directly to that impatient little girl inside of me.
My guess is you are waiting for something, too and maybe you need some encouragement in that time- if so, take a few (39 to be exact) minutes to watch or listen to this sermon. I pray it will bless you and convict you of how you spend your waiting hours. I know it has done both of those things for me.

http://www.elevationchurch.org/sermons

From now on, find me enjoying this journey, find me NOT complaining, and find me being a light to others who need it more than I do.

Enjoying today,
Celina

1 comment:

Doug and Danielle said...

Hang in there girl. I have been right there and this side of the wait I can tell you it was perfect timing. We have gotten to experience things that God used to shape our family. Our wait has allowed us to adopt more kids and has allowed us to be part of a very special boys life. God has used our wait to shine a light for His glory. Nothing we do, just His amazing grace. We have been "waiting" in the adoption world for the last three years and I can tell you it is worth the wait.
Love you and please let me know if you need anything.
Danielle