Monday, November 19, 2012

WE.ARE.PARENTS!

But before I get to that important announcement, I have another important announcement. I am going to make this blog private for the duration of our adoption journey. We'd love to keep sharing with you, but because of the sensitive nature of the remainder of this process, I am going to close the door to the larger www.interweb. Please just send me an email at celinadb@gmail.com and I'll send you the password to keep on following.  Do it now, before I give the best announcement in the world.

Ok, good, you're back.

WE GOT THE CONA! Guess what that means? 

We're legally the parents of these two (precious, amazing and wonderful) children. 

Introducing the newest Baldwin's: 


Vaughn Malco Baldwin & Elouise Winner Baldwin










So, now that we are legally the parents, why aren't we headed to Congo RIGHT NOW?? It's taking everything in us to hold back, but we have just a few more steps to go...!

Here is what is left:

  • CONA
  • Passports (for kids) Join us in praying that we have these by the end of November, that would almost assure us being together as a family in 2012!
  • Act of Adoption
  • Birth Certificates
  • Medicals
  • Set up embassy appointment
  • Baldwin's fill out more massive amounts of paperwork 
Friends, the country of Democratic Republic of Congo recognizes what the Holy Spirit recognized long ago, Vaughn Malco and Elouise Winner are our children. We're almost there in the physical realm! Please keep praying that in 2012, we make it to the Congo to meet our children. We'd really love to celebrate Christmas in Congo, but we'll take whatever we can get. Yes and Amen! 

Thanks for your prayers and dedication to journeying with us!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Praise God! Congratulations, guys! Praying for the remainder of that check list to be complete!

Rachel E. Dewey said...

This is awesome news! Can't wait to read more! PTL and a huge CONGRATULATIONS!

Unknown said...

Celina, I am so full of joy and tearing up. Oh God is soooo Good. Congratulations my dear. God is sooooo God. I would love to keep getting updates please

Tracy said...

Celina and Andy!Wow,Wow! I am so happy for you as I have been praying about this with you since I last saw you! Huge blessings for the rest of your obstacles to be completed with ease!