Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Family Photos

Merry Christmas! I hope you all had a great day! We enjoyed the quiet. Watched movies, played games and took a nice hike on this cold, snowy Christmas!

As we celebrate our final Christmas alone with just the three of us, the question I find myself asking today is this: will we be the family that brings our dog to family photo shoots? I know...this is deep and it really captures the true meaning of Christmas.


On the one hand, we promised ourselves long ago that we would not be crazy dog people. If you are wondering what crazy dog people are, I can tell you.

Crazy dog people are people who dress their dogs up in people clothes



Crazy dog people are people who talk constantly about their dog and to their dog.


Crazy dog people are people who genuinely feel embarrassed for their dog when they accidentally get their dog a horrible hair cut


Crazy dog people are people who feel an immense measure of pride when they get their dog an awesome hair cut




Crazy dog people are people who feed their dog people food and maybe once let their dog lick the beaters. Once. Ok? Once.


Crazy dog people are people who imagine that their dog is thinking something other than, "I am a dog. I am a dog."


Crazy dog people make sure that their dog gets Christmas presents. They laugh the whole time that their dog is unwrapping his gift. They turn to each other and ask with a smile, "how does he know that is his present!?" and they take delight when he enjoys said gift immensely.


That is what crazy dog people are!

And as you can see, we are clearly not those crazy dog people we promised ourselves we would not become. On the other hand, we do find ourselves quite enamored with this Whoodle guy and we quite like him in our family. Therefore, I think for the sake of keeping things the way we like them, we'll probably keep having Wilson in our photos.

Christmas 2012 
P.S. I know you will be tempted to say something all-knowing like, "just wait until you have kids, then you might not feel the same way." To you, I say, I'm sorry your dog turned out to be a disappointment to you and you neglected him when your children came along.

P.S.S. If you did neglect your dog or had to get rid of him when your children came along, I do understand that there are circumstances beyond your control and I don't judge you at all! This is all in good fun. If you want to pet our dog, you can.

P.S.S.S Wilson says he hopes you had a great Christmas and he loves his family and he can't wait to meet his brother and sister and also he says I am a dog, I am a dog.

2 comments:

Doug and Danielle said...

LOVE THIS!!!!
Merry Christmas

On the verge of a Disaster said...

No, no definitely not crazy dog people!!! Just a bit psycho. But if Wilsy ever needs a new home where someone truly loves him let me know.