It's another day over.... Betsy reminded me of this song from Les Mis and honestly it is totally appropriate. The days here are SO long! Sometimes it feels like they will never end. You get done with breakfast and you wish it was time for bed. I am just praising GOD that I did not file my documents in country (and been here 6 weeks). I would have ....never survived. The thing is, there's not much to do. You can play a little, have your meals, and maybe walk to a market, but those things combined only account for about 4 hours. Then what?? Add to that that maybe you still have jet lag and wake up at 2:37 AM and UGH!
Anyway, the kids are doing good. Eloise is not really sick anymore, but she really is 2. Tantrums abound! Maybe it's easier to deal with them here, but I really don't know. I mean, I've considered a lot about how I will handle a public tantrum. Yesterday at the market, I didn't give in. And it sucked. I know no Congolese person's child would have ever thrown a tantrum in a store. They have some voodoo power over kids (just kidding about the voodoo, but it is amazing what they can get even the smallest kid to do or not do). Vaughn is fantastic. Seriously, the kid is SMART and he can play some soccer! His footwork is incredible!
The funnest moments of my day yesterday were:
1. When the kids were playing with each other before bed and they are just talking up a Lingala storm to one another. Laughinfg- it was so fun.
2. Eloise wanted to new PJs so I went into the bag of clothes and started searching. I showed her one thing and she kind of frowned so I kept digging, and finally I found a little princess nightgown and I said "oh, boy! I found what you want!" In a playful voice and then I showed her and she just smiled! So I put it on and made a big deal of it the whole time, Vaughn caught on and when we got it on her we both were like "ooohhhh!! Look.at.you!" And she smiled and then ran up and hugged my leg! I could have left the earth right then and been completely satisfied.
3. WatchingVaughn play soccer!
4. When Vaughn saw his grandpa on Skype he recognized him immediately from the book we made him and he said "Papa".
5. Laughing (cause there was nothing left to do) about the many tantrums of Eloise.
My joy today is that (Lord willing!!! Please pray)! Is that one week from today I will be sleeping in my own bed, with my husband- and probably two kids- in my own house, in my own country, with my own dog. One week! 7 sleeps!
3 comments:
Thank you for this journal. I wish so much I could hug and kiss you and maybe take the kids away while you took a nap. You will do fine Celina this was a tough thing to do and no one could do it better.
Hi Celina,
We (Celina, Quinetta, Valeen, Fawn) are at our team meeting and we enjoyed reading your blog - laughing and praying for you!!! We love you so much and can't wait to meet your treasures!
We love you!!!
Hi my friend - I am so glad I was able to get into your blog today with the girls. Knonw I know more about what is really going on. Every day God has given me specifics on what to pray for so I pray - that's all I know to do. God gives you what you need every day. As Fawn said today, he used Winner's sickness to bond her to you. Truly that was bonding. I am glad to hear she is doing better. Continue to trust - it's all you know how to do.
You are a great mom. Just think one year from now all the experience you will have under your belt...one day at a time. Love you. Q
Post a Comment