So my oldest friend (both in years and in time we've been friends) has asked me so kindly to please provide an update. Actually, she said something more like, "I know you're not busy doing anything, just update your blog already!" So here it is:
I leave for Africa in 4 short days. Just 4 days, a long plane ride and another nights sleep separate me from my darling babies. Oh and some packing. But other than that, it's nothing, just some time and a plane ride.
As we prepare for the next phase of this, I wish I could recount every miracle during this time, every answered prayer, every dollar that came in when we needed it, every gift from friends as we've prepared to bring the kids home, every word of encouragement, every prayer...oh my goodness. The list surely goes on! We honestly can't believe we are already to the place where we are leaving to bring our kids home. I know that is crazy talk especially since it has been 2 years, but it still feels like yesterday and the timing feels perfect!
Please pray for: health, safety, traveling mercies, visas to be issued (for the kids) by the time we get there, my first meeting with the kids and our time together, Andy's sister Betsy as she travels with me for support, DGM to issue to exit letter quickly, and if nothing else that we get home on time (though early would be amazing, I am not counting on it).
If you love all of the details, here are some for you: My flight leaves on Tuesday at 5:55 PM (EST) and we'll arrive in Kinshasa on Wednesday at 6:40 PM. Hopefully Thursday I'll get the kids and we'll get started on the process for the exit letter. We need the exit letter by the 17th since that is when we leave.
On the 18th, we're arriving in DC, meeting Andy and most of the grandparents. My brother, his wife and their son will also meet us there, so it's a super special layover. We come home on Monday, January 21 and officially begin nesting.
If you live in the area and want to meet us at the airport, you are officially invited. We will arrive DIA on January 21 at 3:08 PM on Frontier flight 727. We'd love to have everyone there who can come!
Thanks for your prayers and I will keep this updated as much as possible while I am in the Congo. Hopefully, I can do a day-by-day update!
Love to all of you and especially you old friend :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment