Saturday, December 29, 2012

A note about our Eloise

I am on several internet groups where we share information about adoption, share photos, stories and encouragement. One of the groups I am on is specific to our agency and the orphanage in the DRC. One woman shared several photos of her trip to the orphanage, including this one of our sweet Eloise. I fell in love with the image and thought to myself how cool it was that she is one of the only kids who had a photo taken of just her. 



Then a note popped up on the group asking whose daughter it was in photo 19. Of course, I replied instantly that she was mine. Here is the note the lady wrote in response to that: 


Hi Celina,
Yes, I did meet her. She is beautiful on the inside and out. She has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen and her eyes sparkle. She seems so, so sweet. For some reason I can't get her and another boy out of my mind. I have been praying for her, your family and the other boy and his family (if he has one, he's older and has been there for a long time). I was hoping she had a family, if not I was planning on asking OW about her:) Where are you at in the process?

What a treasure!! I will keep this note forever. Of course, part of me thought, "hands off, lady!" but the sane part of me thought, "yup, she is as beautiful as I thought she was and lots of people are going to know it".  My prayer for her is that she will become a woman of virtue. She is for sure going to be beautiful and probably be charming, but my prayer is that she will fear the Lord and that is what will bring her praise!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just got caught up on your blog. It has been encouraging to see all the answered prayers. And now I hope that Celina made it down there safely and you both can enjoy your two new beautiful children together. Keep the posts coming, even though I am sure the transition will be busy. You two are going to be awesome parents for these kids! - Jeremy Negus