Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sometimes


*Sometimes, I'm just a sh*tty mom and that's that.

Today I was grumpy and tired and I just was just really being a jerk. I finally told the kids, "listen, kids, I'm sorry. I'm just really grumpy today and I'm roaring at everyone like a lion [roar!]. I'm really sorry about that. I love you even though I am being grumpy."

Faithful readers, don't worry, having to apologize to my innocent kids didn't change my tune at all. I'd like to say the realization that I was being a jerk helped me to NOT be a jerk. But I'd be lying if I said that. I apologized and we'll just hope tomorrow is better.



*'Sometimes' is a new series of posts where I confess my true feelings.
This series will allow you to:
a) judge me harshly
b) identify closely with my failings (and maybe still judge me so as to not judge yourself)
c) feel insanely sorry for me
d) call a higher authority (the police, an ambulance, a psychiatrist)

3 comments:

On the verge of a Disaster said...

I feel like you changed your hair in that picture or something...can't put my finger on it.

Chris said...

So, I am a little jealous. Your kids get an apology for your grumpiness. I am still waiting for mine.

You have to relax Celina - you are a great mother and being a bit of a failure on a daily basis is just how it goes. Now, the problem I have is that there is no way you learned any of that from me.

Abby said...

I do this at school all the time (roar like a lion for no apparent reason). At least it's not illegal for you to have a few nips of bourbon while you're at home though....