Remember this rat nest of a hair do?
Well, thanks to my special friend, Julian, we now have THIS:
It was a 5 hour process of me watching, Eloise alternately crying and cooperating (although, she still cooperated even when she was crying) and Julian braiding, braiding, braiding. Eloise got to watch more shows in the time it took to braid her hair than she has in her entire life. So, we did have one good tool to use (it does pay to not let your kids watch much TV, because when they do, it is super special!). But truly, Eloise did amazing. I absolutely could NOT sit for 5 hours while someone did my hair. I struggle with a 2 hour appointment. Five hours would kill me!
Julian said this should last a few months, so all I have to do in the interim is oil her scalp every few days and try to have her wear a hair net to bed. She LOVES her new look and although she's pretty shy, I think she basks in all the compliments.



2 comments:
She is so beautiful!!
Never realized Eloise's hair was so long! It looks so great. Tommy's daughter adopted two black children and her little girl gets her hair done like this. Eloise is beautiful, Celina!
Post a Comment