Monday, June 24, 2013

Third Trimester

Ok, I have to say this. I know it's a rare occasion that a woman has a baby and didn't know she was pregnant, but I think these women's babies should be taken from them immediately while the mothers mental health is evaluated. How freaking distracted can you be to not notice a baby inside you?

This baby's movements are so obvious, it really could be nothing else-unless it's an alien invasion. I mean I can see the thing move from the outside- like regularly! I actually have cried out in surprise as the baby moves inside me. And my feet, I better snap a photo, because I don't think I will see them until Christmas. I go to the bathroom and 30 seconds later the baby moves onto or off of my bladder and I have to pee again. Wouldn't that alarm you if you didn't know you were pregnant? 

My body has changed grown huge in crazy ways; I can't imagine not noticing. I just read a story about a woman who ran a 1/2 marathon, felt crampy and suddenly gave birth. I can't tie my shoes!!!! Bending to get the laundry out of the dryer is a total cardio workout right now. Truly, I know I'm reveling in this with my two donut a day minimum diet and I've all but given up on having any form not described as blob like, but come on- a 1/2 marathon??? I'd like to celebrate that I just walked to the mailbox without needing a break.

And the emotional meltdowns over nothing? If you didn't know you were pregnant, what would you think? You would have to wonder if you were completely insane. As it is, I am concerned that my own emotional meltdowns may NOT be related to my pregnancy. If I deliver this baby and 3 ( or 6) months later I am still behaving this way, I will get checked out by a professional because something is seriously wrong at that point.

For those dying to feel better about yourselves, here I am at 7 months (somewhere between 30 & 31 weeks). If I didn't know I was pregnant I would be so full of self-loathing at my huge form, I would just spontaneously die. As it is, I am just happy that I finally 'look pregnant'. 

Photography by Vaughn


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Celina, you make me smile. I love reading your posts! Praying you're all doing well. Hugs, A

Chris said...

Love it...You are a great momma and you are definitely pregnant.

Christina said...

You are beautiful!!! =) And if you are still having emotional meltdowns 3-6 months post-birth, give yourself a break and just blame it on sleep deprivation. ;)

Kate Sampson said...

You are still beautiful, even with a baby bump, Celina!!!!

Kate Sampson said...

You are still beautiful, even with a baby bump, Celina!!!!

my name is celina baldwin said...

Wow! Anna, Momma, Christina, Auth Kath- thank you! Just since last week I've grown to double the size shown on the photos, so your compliments are much appreciated!