Thursday, October 10, 2013

Avett's Room

Although Avett's room has been 'done' for some time, there have been little finishing touches that we were waiting on and now I can say with some finality that his room is done!

From the doorway. The general, (but light) theme is sock monkeys,
but I didn't go overboard because I'm not into themed nurseries. 

Avett Brothers art: three song lyrics plaques I made.
[If you don't know, the Avett Brothers are a band. A band we like, but not enough to name our son after them. Avett got his name because we love the name and like the band. The lyrics are ironically appropriate....]

Mobile and crib [which Avett doesn't sleep in yet.]
(I'm not sure when I will be able to move him from my room. If he is 16 and sleeping in a bassinet next to my bed, please call for help).

Avett's hooded towel

Closet covering

Rocking chair from craigslist that I painted and had recovered

My two favorite toys of Avett's. I hope he loves them as much as I do!

And in case you forgot who Avett was. Here he is as a carrot/pumpkin/cutest baby ever

2 comments:

CharityQ said...

Celina, is looks great!! Thank you for sharing with us! God's goodness is overwhelming, and it's lovely to see all the gifts he's given you - from your creativeness, to the little treasures that are answers to many prayers! Love ya!

Kate Sampson said...

Great nursery, Celina! Avette looks adorable in that outfit. He is looking so alert now :)