Saturday, November 9, 2013

How time flies

Time has seriously flown by! Look at my baby! He's TWO months old. 
I remember the day I labored for this sweet Avett boy like it was yesterday two months ago. [Sidebar: now I really do know why every year on my birthday my mom reminds me how difficult and long her labor was. Have I mentioned that I birthed Avett without any medical intervention? It was NOT pain free. But my goodness, it was worth it!] Anyway, check him out! 

One day, one month, two months




Speaking of time flying. Look at how 10 months have changed these two loves. I remember the day I met them like it was yesterday. Eloise crying and crying for days and poor Vaughn saying a million things and I couldn't understand one of them. Now Vaughn talks (and talks and talks) and I get just about 90% of it (remind me to tell you about the time he insisted his teacher said he had to be to school two hours early). And Eloise, I promise you the social worker from the orphanage would never believe this is the same girl. Now, we have an Eloise who laughs and laughs. Although Eloise always wanted to be held, Vaughn never wanted to be close to us. Now, they both get into bed with me almost every morning. I suspect this is more because they know that even after they wake me up, they still won't see me for 20 minutes and if they are in bed with me, at least they can start asking for food.

A few weeks home and a few weeks ago…
Recent photos of V&E courtesy of  http://good-photo.org


I want to enjoy this time, because I know how fast it's going. Just watching videos from when the kids came home, they have changed soooo much. In 10 more months, I bet Vaughn's accent will be almost gone and Eloise will continue to be more girl and less little girl. In the meantime, some of these days as a household affairs manager are about surviving and just a few precious others are about thriving.

No comments: