Here's a picture:

Here's the truth behind the picture: We may look happy but we are not. We were getting ripped off by these fly by night tree lot people. Eloise was in trouble for leaving Vaughn's coat at home, Avett had been crying for about 14 hours and Andy and I have been fighting since Tuesday. But it's Christmas and we're getting a damn tree and we're taking a damn picture because I am blogging about this 25 days of Christmas! Damn it! Incidentally, Eloise was not in trouble for leaving Avett's pants at home- he's just gangsta like that.
Anyway, the kids are seriously, seriously loving the Christmas season. Vaughn sang about it the whole way home in a 25 minute solo which started with him trying to sing to Avett (see above re: 14 hours of crying) and turned into his life story. Which had Andy and I containing our laughter so as not to stop the singing in it's natural form.
Here are some sample lyrics:
"I am so glad to be in America and this is a nice plaaacceeee. And this is our first Christmas in America. And we got our tree. And we love it." As we walked into the house he said he wished he was in a band and people would pay him to sing. I think he has a good start.
No comments:
Post a Comment