Monday, December 16, 2013

Thoughts on parenting

I refuse to let my kids wonder who my favorite is. That is just cruel. I'm going to tell whoever it is, "you're my favorite" and we'll let that be the end to any wondering. I'll tell the others, "your brother or sister is my favorite. I mean, I like you most of the time, but you are definitely NOT my favorite. You'll thank me later for being honest with you." I still have to wonder if I was my moms favorite and though I firmly believe I was/am (she is probably unlikely to dispute this since she resides in my basement) my brother does have some redeeming qualities. Again, though, she is living in my basement....

Don't worry, I'm just kidding. I'll only tell the favorite one they are my favorite and not the others. To the others I'll say something like, "I don't have a favorite. I like so and so a lot and you are OK yourself, but I don't think I can pick favorites."

1 comment:

Chris said...

Jonathan is my favorite.