Saturday, May 10, 2014

Avett Preston Baldwin- EIGHT MONTHS!

It's so cliche how everyone says 'they grow up so fast' (hear my most sarcastic and mocking tone here). But it really is SO TRUE. I feel like yesterday I was waking up in the middle of the night, setting my newborn on the counter top while I warmed up formula for him. (Yes, I know. I'm reckless when it comes to child safety....)

Now, it's like- he's a BOY. He has a tooth. He crawls. He pulls himself up onto e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. He plays with any object, but being frugal like us, he prefers items we would have otherwise discarded to any toy we paid for. His favorite is a little plastic cap that came on a jar of gelatin (don't worry, it's much larger than his windpipe. Geez. I said I was reckless, not hateful!) He is just about cruising around the furniture. He knows his name (and he pronounces it correctly!) I remember the first time I laid him down in the bassinet and his eyes followed me out of the room. Seems like that was yesterday, and yet now, anytime I go in his room he is bouncing up and down on the rails of his crib!

It actually really makes me sad! Andy is loving it though, because now Avett is like a person to him. I think this is kind of a man thing. And I don't want any more babies as of today, but I know why people keep making them. It's because of that baby smell- it goes away!!! I don't even know when it happened, but the other day I held a three month old and I remembered- MY BABY USED TO SMELL LIKE THIS. GIVE ME THIS BABY!!!!

Anyway, I feel bad saying it, but Avett is the cutest baby in the world. I'm sorry if you ever had a baby of your own, have a niece or nephew or ever watched Raising Hope- I think you'll agree. He's adorbs. And now I present to you the Open Mouth Photo Session. 











No comments: