Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blogger fail

I know. I suck at this. I have so many ambitions to blog regularly and tell you all about how great my kids are, how many milestones they have daily, how shitty of a mom I can be, how great of a dad Andy is, or about how sometimes I just want to take Avett and run away from everyone because he's the only one I love. But I don't tell you these things because I'm (fill in the blank- lazy, tired, drunk, spent too much time on Pinterest).

Andy said, "Just because you are back on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter (I am not!! Does anyone know how I can sign up?) and Instagram, you can still update your blog!"

So fine. Here's an update:

My kids are great! (Seriously, they are amazing.)
They have so many milestones- daily! (Vaughn is incredible in his ability to take correction and apply it. Seriously. It's amazing. He does this super annoying thing where he comes home from school or wakes up in the morning and just comes in and starts making demands or telling stories. We've instructed him to say "hello" or "good morning" THEN make demands and guess what? He catches himself all.the.time and does it right. I love this boy! (But he's still not coming when I run away with Avett).
Sometimes I'm a really shitty mom. Sometimes, I'm not but I've decided that the ONE thing that makes me not shitty permanently is that I almost always go back to my kids and make it right when I fail miserably. It has given me accountability and has actually grown our connection because we repair the breaks in our relationship.
Andy is a great Dad! He truly is an engaged father and I am so glad my kids have him. He takes the kids all the time. Whether it's all day Saturday while I'm our hocking alpaca wares or in the evening while I making dinner. He delights in the kids and they just love time with him. These pictures were taken on two separate days. Andy had Avett while I was cooking and this is what I found when I went outside. How cute is this?



Also, some days I would like to just take Avett and run away from everyone because he is the only one I love. (Not true at all. I love them all. He's just the one who hasn't figured out how to piss me off yet and also he's so adorable I can't stand it.)



Here's another update re: Whole30. So my husband, mom and I decided that we were going to just stick with it and guess what? We've actually done it. We've made a lifestyle change and the results are AMAZING! With minimal exercise (I'm trying to incorporate it, really, I am!) I am one pound away from losing THIRTY pounds in 3 months! Andy has lost 42 and my mom is down almost 20. Guys, we've done it! We made a decision, we stuck with it and now I can say we've changed our lives. Paleo works! I hardly have cravings, I eat tons of veggies, headaches are all but gone and I don't even think about bread. I'm Italian, people. This is a miracle. And oh yeah, 30 pounds gone? Another miracle. I'll post some pictures soon, but it's been a while since I checked Pinterest so I really need to get going.

I'll post soon with Avett's 9 month photos (adorable!), an update on our chickens (they can come with Avett and I when we run away) and anything else I think you are dying to know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you guys that you are enjoying the lifestyle of Whole30 and seeing super duper results! I have so many volleyball players that I coach who get REGULAR headaches and I think their diet is as much the problem as most anything else...I'll mention your success to them and hopefully encourage them to give it a try. Thanks for posting - I love reading about your family! :)

Kate Sampson said...

Celina Belina, you amaze me! Truly there could not be a mother, EVER, that did not want to run away from her children on a regular basis. But the difference between you and the rest of most mothers (at least in my generation), are able to admit it. My generation tended to keep all that (nasty) stuff under the rug. We were honest with a few people, those we knew were struggling with the same feelings. Hang in there, Celina. YOU ARE A VERY GOOD MOM!