Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ten Months

I'm so confused.
How did we go from this to this?


I don't know how to say this, but all of the cliches are true. Time is going by at the fastest pace and I can't slow it down. The other day we bought some disposable diapers and apparently they are the same ones we got from the hospital because the scent of these diapers brings me right back to those first days with Avett and honestly, it makes me so sad! Thinking about our (amazing!) hospital and birth experience, those beginning days at home when nothing was expected of me except to take care of this one little life, the early mornings and late nights, and the sweet smell of a newborn. I am 99% sure I don't want another baby, but the smell of those diapers makes me a little shaky. 

My sweet baby says WORDS! 
Baba (bottle)
Wawa (water- his absolute FAVORITE THING!)
Dog (his favorite living thing). He says this every time Wilson barks and of course, whenever he sees any dog (or any animal, for that matter!)
Dada (his favorite human)
and much to my chagrin: Bella (his favorite dog)


He crawls at 100 MPH and walks with assistance. He can stand on his own for about 30 seconds
 
 





He has FIVE teeth

 He loves anything with wheels and anything off-limits



 He claps!


He stands up on everything!

This might be my most favorite photo!



He loves balls
 



And he refuses to say "Mama", but I guess that's what you get for carrying a baby for nine months, birthing him without the use of medicine, having an alien body for at least 6 months (the rest of your life) post partum and then living with spit up on everything you own. No biggie, though. I'm having fun and I wouldn't trade this boy for 1000000 million dollars (or anything else for that matter!)
 







1 comment:

Kate Sampson said...

Celina, Avett has to be one of the happiest babies ever. Every picture has him smiling :).....and so are you!