The American Plague
Molly Caldwell Crosby
Even though I spent four wonderful days in the woods, I did read some fiction.
First let me tell you that I know very little about "history", so part of my reading goal this year is to self educate on things I don't know about.
This is the tale of Yellow Fever. I really enjoyed this book. The reviews show it to be an accurate medical and historical picture of Yellow Fever in the USA and around the world (since I don't know much about "history" I certainly can't verify if this is accurate, but everyone else says it is. I didn't know much - OK anything- about this virus and so this book riveted me. This book was an informal education on the history of yellow fever, the medical discovery, and even who Walter Reed was. You may be thinking that is boring, trust me, this book is not boring. Being that I will be traveling to Africa sometime soon makes me even more grateful to have read this book.
If you would like to learn about any of these things mentioned above- give this a read!

1 comment:
Yeah for Epidemiology! I'm definitely going to read this and the few other good ones above and below it. I recently fabricated a scanned copy of my yellow fever cert as a real one to get into Sudan. Glad I got that confession out.
Post a Comment